Monday, March 12, 2007

Memories

Every once in a while, I feel memories come upon me. Normally, I'm in a state where I don't remember anything. I don't carry any baggage, either good or bad. In fact my memory is a source of consternation to my dad who finds it offensive that I can't remember his relatives names, while it's a huge joke to my brother who believes that his goldfish are more capable in that department. My friends, yeah they despair and Gokul... well, he would probably notice if he wasn't WORSE than me!!
I wish I could hold on to all my good memories. The ones that provide comfort during times of crisis, memories I can snuggle upto, memories that hug me back. But I can't. It feels like I lost a best friend.
On the flip side, the bad thoughts get blanked out with the good. They don't make me nighmares or fill me with bitterness..for which I am grateful.
Like Floyd says..Comfortably Numb...thats what I strive to be.

1 comment:

Sathish said...

mmmm... isn't it fun, when some relative asks with a wide smile, "How are you?" and we say "Fine, and how are you?" with the brain scratching around "God who is this??" :)