Tuesday, March 27, 2007

N 3230

I never wanted you in the first place. I was happy as ever, getting by the days with no need for company when Cheenu introduced us. Do you remember? It was my birthday. I didn't really like you that day but my poor brother wanted us to be together and I had not the heart to appear ungrateful. I suppose my feelings for you showed in the way I treated you. You were slow and irritating, heavy and clunky. I admit, I did the minimum I could to to keep this relationship alive. I never once looked at you with affection even when others made eyes at you.
Scratched repeatedly in my purse, left in my overheated car, dropped from the third floor of College, attacked by viruses..you stood by me. You never rang loud enough for a fine even when I forgot to silence you. Your little games always gave me company when I was alone. You saw me through good days and dark times- always blinking a cheerful blue. And today, when you slipped out of my hand for what seemed like the 100th time, I thought to myself..If you decided to let me go.., I would understand.
But you didn't my darling!! You bravely flickered back to life after a few hours, like a warrior, a lover, my best friend.

2 comments:

Rajiv said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sathish said...

:) wonderful... isn't it?